Risingbd Online Bangla News Portal

Dhaka     Wednesday   26 January 2022

4 of a family burnt in Narayanganj gas leakage fire

News Desk || risingbd.com

Published: 13:26, 6 December 2021  
4 of a family burnt in Narayanganj gas leakage fire

A couple and their two children suffered burn injuries in a fire caused by a leakage in the cooking gas cylinder in Narayanganj.

The incident took place at Dhrubotara union in the Araihajar upazila of the district early Monday (December 6).

The victims were identified as Solaiman, 42, his wife Rima Akhter, 31, their son Mahid, 13 and Arash, 3.

Most parts of their body were burnt in the fire. Of the victims, two were kept at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).

They were taken to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery in Dhaka in a critical condition.

According to Solaiman’s relatives, the family lived in a one-storey flat where they used gas cylinders to cook. Neighbours heard a loud noise in the middle of the night.

Bacchu Mia, in-charge of Dhaka Medical College Hospital police outpost confirmed the matter and said, “Initially, it has been known that the fire originated due to a leakage in the gas cylinder used to cook home food.”

Maksud/AI