International Desk: 15 men, mostly Nepali, have died due to the suspected alcohol poisoning in Malaysia.
The incident took place in Selangor state on Monday evening. According to the latest report, the local police chief said the victims - four Nepali, a Malaysian, an Indian national and a Bangladeshi have been identified till now 33 others, including 15 Nepali, are being hospitalized in multiple hospitals in Klang Valley, as a result of suspected alcohol poisoning since Monday night.
It is learned that based on accounts by the victims, they had consumed three brands of alcoholic beverages - Mandalay Whiskey, King Fisher Beer and Grand Royal Whiskey - while the drinks were purchased from multiple shops in Klang Valley.
The other victims were suffering from symptoms, including vomiting, similar to those who died.
risingbd/Dhaka/September 18, 2018/A K Azad