Chuadanga Correspondent: An elderly woman and her son died from electrocution at Uttar Para in Jibonnagar upazila of the district on Friday.
The deceased were identified as Ashura Khatun, 60, and her son Omar Ali, 28.
Jibonnagar police station Officer-in-Charge Wahed said that Rubina, wife of Omar, came in contact with a live electric wire first at her house early in this morning. Later, Samir Ali, 65, husband of Ashura and Omar came to save Rubina and got electrocuted.
The injured four were sent to Jibannagar Upazila Hospital where the duty doctor Mahamuddin Hedayet Setu declared Ashura and Omar dead.
Upazila Health Officer Dr Rafiqul Islam said that the condition of others are also critical.
risingbd/Chuadanga/Apr 26, 2019/M A Mamun/Nasim