Staff Correspondent, Chattogram: Two workers were killed inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning the septic tank in Madunaghat area under Hathazari upazila of the district on Monday noon.
The deceased were identified as Mohammad Yusuf, 23 and Nazrul Islam, 30.
Police and local sources said that the workers were killed while working in a septic tank under a WASA water treatment project in the area.
Later, they were sent to Chattogram Medical College Hospital where duty doctors declared them dead.
ASI Alauddin Talukdar of Chattogram Medical College Hospital police outpost confirmed the matter.
risingbd/Chattogram/Oct 22, 2018/Rezaul/Nasim