Risingbd Online Bangla News Portal

Dhaka     Saturday   28 May 2022

Brendan Taylor banned by ICC for three and half years

News Desk || risingbd.com

Published: 20:39, 28 January 2022  
Brendan Taylor banned by ICC for three and half years

The International Cricket Council on Friday, January 28, banned former Zimbabwe captain Brendan Taylor for 3 and half years from all cricket for a delay in reporting of a sensational spot-fixing plot.

35-year-old Taylor had taken to social media earlier this month, revealing the details of the spot-fixing plot and that he would be handed a ban by the global cricket governing body, reports.

"He accepted breaching four charges of the ICC Anti-Corruption Code and, separately, one charge of the ICC Anti-Doping Code," the ICC said in a statement. Taylor will be free to resume his involvement in the game on 28 July 2025, the statement added.

Brendan Taylor took to social media earlier this month to reveal that he was blackmailed to engage in spot-fixing by a group of Indian businessmen in 2019 after they took photographs of him consuming cocaine. Taylor, however, maintained that he did not engage in spot-fixing but did not report the incident to the ICC for as many as four months in a bid to protect his family.

Taylor said he got into substance abuse after the scarring incident and that he was checking into a rehabilitation center to get over it.

Agencies

Dhaka/Nasim