Dhaka: 3:21 AM, Sat, 16 Feb, 2019

2 siblings among 3 die inhaling septic tank gas

A K Azad : risingbd.com
Publish on: 2018-08-10 8:58:50 PM     ||     Updated: 2018-08-10 8:58:50 PM

Staff Correspondent, Chattogram: Three people, including two siblings, died inhaling toxic gas in a septic tank in the city’s Khulshi area on Friday afternoon.

The deceased were identified as Imran Hossain Imu, 27,  his brother Mohammad Rubel alias Danish, 20, and Mohammad Sifat, 15.

Alauddin Talukder, Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) of Chattogram Medical College and Hospital (CMCH) police camp, confirmed the news.

Police and locals said a group of boys was playing cricekt in a field near their houses. At one stage, the ball fell into the septic tank. Sifat got into the tank to pick the ball, but he was not returning. Later, Imu and Danish also entered the tank to rescue him, but he also got stuck in it.

The trio was taken to Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH) where doctors declared them dead.

risingbd/Chattogram/August 10, 2018/Rezaul/A K Azad