3 workers die from electrocution in Gazipur
News Desk || risingbd.com
Three workers died and several others were injured after being electrocuted at Sreepur upazila in Gazipur district while working at an under-construction building.
The incident took place around 8:15 am on Thursday (March 30).
The deceased were identified as Pias, 22, son of Azad Hossain; Pavel, 25, son of Belal Soudagar and Monwar Hossain, 28.
Sreepur Fire Service and Civil Defence’s assistant deputy director Abdullah Al Arefin confirmed the matter.
On information, two firefighting units rushed to the spot and started rescue operation, he said.
Locals said, “The workers were working at a high-rise building under Sreepur municipality this morning. They were electrocuted accidentally as an adjacent electric wire touched a rod of the under-construction building. The workers then fell off the building after being electrocuted and died on the spot.”